Sunday, November 15, 2009

Black women: have you ever gone from relaxed hair to natural? or braids to completely natural hair?

How did you do it? Do you like it now? is it hard to take care of? Healthier? Growing better/longer?



Black women: have you ever gone from relaxed hair to natural? or braids to completely natural hair?

I had relaxed hair for an entire year. It looked nice, but it sucked all the nutrients from my hair, leaving it dry and unhealthy. Plus, my hair was breaking off soo much just like a dog, and changed color. [yeah, totally messed up] Well, my mom took it out by just stopping putting a perm in. And we really had to keep my hair moisturized during that time. Well, know, a year later, my hair is WONDERFUL! it's fuller, shiny without using so much hair grease, and I can put curls, straighten it, or anything without it shedding so yeah. It's growing wayyy better! i know this sounds like some proactiv solutions stuff but this is true, the real deal im not lying LOL!



Black women: have you ever gone from relaxed hair to natural? or braids to completely natural hair?

I have not, but my sister and friends have. To go from the relaxer to natural hair should be done with help of a professional. Because the relaxed hair is weak and new growth is strong the hair can break between the two points. As the hair grows it needs to be trimmed periodically. This is where a professional is needed. They will also straighten the hair (pressed) It is also important to use a good shampoo and more so, a good conditioner. If your hair is longer and you don't want to cut it short it takes about a year.



After removing braids, again the hair needs to be cut or trimmed to get rid of all of the dry ends. Braiding is also damaging to the hair; the hair is very weak. Again, a good shampoo and moisturizing conditioner is needed. After wearing braids for a while the hair is thinner. In the long run, natural hair is much healthier, but takes more time to manage.



Black women: have you ever gone from relaxed hair to natural? or braids to completely natural hair?

I had relaxed hair most of my life. When i went to college i decided to grow the perm out! My hair is fuller than ever, and extremely thick. I still like the straight look so i moisturize my hair and blow dry it as straight as possible, then i use a flat iron for the rest. I trim my ends and my hair feels like it grows better and faster now! If you're thinking about going natural, do it! you won't regret it!



Black women: have you ever gone from relaxed hair to natural? or braids to completely natural hair?

I transitioned for 4 months, then when I had two inches on new unpermed growth I cut off the straight hair. I've been natural for 3 months and 10 days. My hair has grown 2.5 inches since then and still growing. I love it, and my hair much healthier now. Try



http://www.nappturality.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment